Friday, July 23, 2010

The Awareness

Quite recently, Juan Or has been showing awareness of the.....

^
^
^
^
^
^
^

.....existence of the.....

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
penis!
(Sorry, no photos to show!)


It first came to Mommy's attention when just recently, while Juan Or was playing with his Buzz Lightyear plush toy, he pointed at the crotch area of Buzz Lightyear and told Mommy,"Buzz Lightyear's ku-ku-chiau (cuckoo bird)!" Mommy's reaction was like "!!!????" As far as Mommy knows, Mommy has never taught him to point at other people's crotch and say the word. At most was "Juan Or! Don't move! Let Mama clean your ku-ku-chiau first!"  when Mommy was changing his diapers.

Not just this incident, Juan Or also went to as far as pointing at the crotch areas of Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Alien when reading his Toy Story storybooks and then telling Mommy,"Buzz Lightyear's ku-ku-chiau! Woody's ku-ku-chiau! Alien's ku-ku-chiau!" and after that pointing to his own as well and then giggle cheekily!

Just last Sunday, Papa and Mommy took Juan Or to Jusco Bukit Tinggi Klang for an outing. We passed by the men's undergarment department where the most prominent landmarks are dummies donning the briefs. Juan Or immediately pointed at the dummies and exclaimed,"Ku-ku-chiau!" *Faint* Luckily, the 'sexy' dummies didn't hold his attention for long  - it was more of a see-and-go thing. Very soon, we arrived at the hardware department where there were many demo tap fittings of various shapes and sizes. Yes, those taps captured his attention for long! So we allowed Juan Or to have a good time turning the taps on and off as he fancied (we won't allow that at home - that's wasting water!).




And of course we bumped into the Thomas and Friends kiddy ride and allowed Juan Or to have a good time too!




Now, back to the awareness issue. One day, Juan Or pointed at Mommy's crotch and said,"Mama's ku-ku-chiau!" Mommy's reaction was like "!!!???" Then Mommy quickly regained composure and answered back to Juan Or,"Oh, Mama don't have ku-ku-chiau. Mama has ham-poi!"   ^_^

22 comments:

Broccoli Ginger said...

hahahahhah..... can't stop laughing reading this.. ROFL!!
Read my 'fish ball in brid-bird'..:P
Happy weekend!

smallkucing said...

he is looking a lot like you nowadays

Yannie said...

hahaha! I told my girls their father's one is called 'bird bird'.

Alice Phua said...

Broccoli Ginger, glad you enjoyed reading this post! Yes, I have read and commented yours too. Happy weekend to you too! :-D

Smallkucing, that's what the babysitter and my regular piano tuner man told me also.

Sheoh Yan, kah, kah, kah, kah! :-D Can't help it, but one day the kids have to learn about the existence and differences of male and female sex organs! :-D

Unknown said...

Hahah, this is just the icing on the cake, wait till they grow up,then we will get the crunch of it,,,kekekek.

as for me,i am open with my two boys about their anotomy stuff,if you know what i mean, i prefer them to hear from me,rather then those nonsense from their peers.

greatw weeekend now and God Bless

Alice Phua said...

Eugene, yes, I agree...better they learn from us rather than from "unauthorized" sources. Otherwise can end up with ajaran sasat. GReat weekend to you and family too and God bless you and fmily too.

Unknown said...

Ha ha Juan Or is already conscious of his well being, that's a good sign :) You have a smart kid there Alice.

Nice knowing you dear. Am following you now, so do follow me k, thanks!

Have a nice Sunday!

zmm said...

sexual awareness.... sooner or later.. :P

My eldest used to call my hub's pineapple..

And now, they sometimes will attack Daddy's crouch.. and giggled.. and said, "I touched a penis! I touched a penis!".. *faint*

zmm said...

sexual awareness.... sooner or later.. :P

My eldest used to call my hub's pineapple..

And now, they sometimes will attack Daddy's crouch.. and giggled.. and said, "I touched a penis! I touched a penis!".. *faint*

Unknown said...

Hey,,,, thank you, i will add you to my blog too,,,take care now

Alice Phua said...

Puan Isah, hahaha...yes, he's growing normally as a boy! THanks. Nice knowing you and your blog too...love your blog, love home cooking. Actually I got to know about your blog thru mNhL. Yes, I have clicked to follow you and added you into my blog roll as well. Nice week ahead to you too! :-D

Zmm, LOL! Something similar to that happened to me before: usually I'll pinch Juan Or's crotch area just to check how saturated is his diaper. And guess what? One day he did the same to my crotch immediately after I pinched his!

Eugene, sama-sama, thanks. I have clicked as a follower of your blog as well. You take care too.

mNhL said...

hahaha.......this post make me laugh. Kid are just so curious.

Btw, thks for the smiles. Appreciate that!

ChloeRuoyi said...

Hehehe what a cute post. I guess this "awareness" thing is more prevalent in boys. As for girls (at this age), I don't think they will pay attention to their crotch at all haha.

Alice Phua said...

mNhL, glad this post gives you laughter! You are welcome!

ChloeRouyi, one parenting book that I read also mentioned about this - about little boys becoming aware of their sex organs, but not little girls.

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha! So funny. Kids. :)

Since I bath both of my kids together, they know the different between boys and girls.

Reanaclaire said...

hello alice, can u please check your email and get it done as soon as possible? thanks! :)

Alice Phua said...

Cheeyee, yes, kids' thoughts are so cute! :-D

Alice Phua said...

reenaclaire, OK, will do! thanks!

Serline said...

I have forgotten how I taught the kids about the differences between male and female, but that time will come soon. Now that Narelle is semi potty-trained, she is already curious why her Daddy does pee-pee differently...

Alice Phua said...

Serline, LOL! Hahaha! Soon Narelle will find out.....^_^

Alice Law said...

I agreed with Eugene! We taught Juan Juan anatomy and physiology of sex, instead of saying 'bird' or 'kuku', she knows it's 'penis' and for girls, vagina, pubic and perineal from a very young age(We never have intention to hide this from her or lil bro)... Juan Juan used to explore her external sex organ and got intrigued by males' organ since she was really young, so it seems Chloe's mommy and other parental source believes doesn't apply on all girls!:)

Alice Phua said...

Hahaha, looks like Juan Juan is exceptional for that matter! She is a very curious girl! And wow, she's been taught very advanced for her age. As for me, I don't mind teaching Juan Or with the 'kukuchiau' term first before learning the proper terms in English becos it's part and parcel of learning a spoken dialect besides learning only how to speak English. THis is to teach him that there are 'softer' terms to use in a dialect instead of 'lancau' or 'cibai' which sounds rough and vulgar. But of course eventually he has to know that kukuchiau and lancau are synonymous as do ham poi and cibai. ^_^