Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Juan Or a.k.a. Lok Yuan Xue

Hello! My actual (or official name) is Lok Yuan Xue. "Yuan" as in 'money' and "Xue" as in 'school' or 'study'. I am half-Hainanese and half-Hokkien, but actually I do have some Cantonese blood inherited from my paternal Grandma. My Hainanese name equivalent to Yuan Xue is Juan Or. I think Juan Or is much easier to call, Yuan Xue is not that pronunciation friendly! In fact, everyone at home including the babysitter call me Juan Or. It is only at the clinics that I'm called Yuan Xue. I was born on 12th May 2008 at 4.35 am in Hospital Kebangsaan Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (HUKM). It is based on the hour of my birth that my paternal Grandpa suggested that name for me and both my parents agreed to it.


This is how I looked like on the day I was born:



On the day I was born, I had small white spots (looks like white heads) called milia on my nose.



My Papa was wondering whether the milia is OK or not, so Mommy said that's nothing to worry about...it will disappear in no time at all and sure enough it was gone by 2 weeks! Can you see that frown on my eyebrow? I got that from Papa who got it from Grandpa! Hehehe....some more frowny face photo....



But actually I'm now a cute, cute baby! This is me at 4 months plus!





Ah-goo-goo!

No comments: